Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Skipping Stones Design Sketch #98 featuring Christmas Swirls

Hello friends!


For today's sketch challenge, the design team members are visiting sets of Christmas past.... Christmas Swirls and Wise Men, both of which, psst, are on sale through the end of the month at the SSD store. 


I used Christmas Swirls and came up with this little card: 


Joy Card

I  took some liberties with the sketch and moved the focal point to the bottom 1/3 of the card. I stamped the ornament on rustic cream cardstock and embossed with Gold EP.  If you stopped by last week for the release of Christmas Song, you will see that I am still on a bit of a kick with the Gold EP and despite by tidy tray, I have managed to get it all over my craft room, esp the floor.  It's ok though, when I happen to walk barefoot in my crafty room and feel the EP beneath my feet, I just close my eyes and pretend that I am at the beach, a very glittery beach!  LOL! 

Anyway, back to the card.  I punched the embossed ornament out of the cardstock with a 1 3/4" punch. I attached it to the card base- more rustic cream on kraft- with a little dimensional adhesive and attached a length of ribbon so the ornament looks like it is hanging from the top of the card. I finished the ornament with a bow and a pearl.  The sentiment was stamped in Dark Chocolate ink. 

There you have it- a super simple card that still packs some punch.  Be sure to stop by the blogs of the DT members and our guests today for more inspiration.  

Katie Gehring - you are here :o)


Thanks for stopping by!
Katie 
  

8 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!